竟博 www.yrjzy.com All international applicants must use the Coalition application.
You are an International Applicant if you:
- are NOT a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- meet the minimum graduation requirements from high school.
- are pursuing an undergraduate degree (either as a freshman, transfer, or visiting non-degree student).
Cost and Expenses
International students who will be entering our university as F-1 visa holders must show evidence of sufficient funds for their first year of study at our university before the required I-20 immigration form can be issued by the university. The I-20 will be needed for the F-1 student visa interview.
International students who will be entering our university as J-1 bilateral exchange students must show at least $6,000 USD for each semester they wish to study at our school before the required DS-2019 form can be issued by the university. The DS-2019 will be needed for the J-1 student visa interview.
Although U.S. Immigration Service regulations permit F-1 and J-1 student visa holders to work on campus, employment opportunities on campus are extremely limited. F-1 and J-1 visa holders are not allowed to work off campus without work authorization. Any off campus employment MUST be approved by the International Student Advisor at the university and/or USCIS.
International students holding other visa statuses should be aware that visa regulations are substantially different for each type of visa. if you have a question regarding the regulations for your visa status, please contact the Cranwell International Center at?international@竟博 www.yrjzy.com.
2019-2020 Academic School Year
The following is a list of estimated expenses you can expect to incur as an undergraduate at Virginia Tech during the 2018-2019 school year (nine months, or two semesters, in length). These are expenses for a single student (you should add $5,750 for a spouse and $2,750 for each dependent child). These estimates and subject to change.
|Tuition & Fees||?|
|International Student Fee||$550|
|Room & Board||?|
|Books & Supplies||$1,100|
|Additional Costs Based on Major||?|
|Architecture + Design, Building Construction||$1,500|
|Agriculture and Biochemistry||$750|
|Business||$75 per credit ($900 for 12 credits)|
Room and Board
- Freshmen are required to live on campus at Virginia Tech and can expect to pay the on-campus residence hall expense.
- Freshmen who are over 21 years of age are permitted to live off campus.
- Students past their freshman year are not guaranteed housing on campus and should plan their finances as though space will not be available.
- Students who will be bringing family members are not permitted to live in the residence halls.
- Students who will be living off campus are usually required to sign twelve-month apartment leases; hence, the off-campus living expense is calculated for a full year rather than an academic year.
- Please note that in the U.S. after signing any housing contract (lease), the lease cannot be broken and terms cannot be changed for any reason.
All entering students are required to have a personal computer. Students offered admission wil receive additional information regarding specifications and purchase options. Information is also available at?www.compreq.竟博 www.yrjzy.com.
F-1 or J-1 Transfer Clearance Form: This form must be completed by all freshmen applicants attending high school in the United States and transfer students attending college in the U.S. who hold an F-1 or J-1 visa. Please complete and return this form to Virginia Tech. Students who cannot show evidence of their legal status in the United States cannot be issued an I-20 or DS-2019 for Virginia Tech.